What pairs well with bubbles? Here at Stoller, it’s chicken and waffles with Chef Bex special Strawberry Rosé Sauce! Earlier this month, we hosted our Annual Bubbles Release Party, showcasing our inaugural Larue’s Blanc de Blancs, new vintage Larue’s Brut Rosé, and History Blanc de Noir, all alongside Chef’s tasty dish. For those of you that missed the event, or those of you like us that fell in love with the sauce, Chef Bex has shared her rosé and strawberry sauce recipe so you can recreate it anytime!
5 lbs. fresh strawberries or 4 lbs. strawberry purée
2 C organic turbo ado syrup
1 t salt
1/4 C cold water
1/4 C corn starch
The juice and microplaned zest of 2 lemons
1. Cook down the 5 lbs. of strawberries with just enough water to cover until the fruit is bubbling and bursting, and then blend, so it’s a smooth purée. If you’re using a store-bought purée, READ THE LABEL – it cannot contain more than 10% sugar, or this recipe will be far too sweet.
2. Add the bottle of Rosé, turbo ado syrup, and salt to the purée and bring it to a complete rolling boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Next, whisk the corn starch and the water together, and add it to the strawberry rosé mixture. Continually whisking, bring the temperature back up to medium-high for 3 minutes, and hit it with the fresh lemon juice and zest.
4. You’ll know you’ve nailed it when the sauce coats the back of the spoon and stays apart if you drag your finger through it.
5. Cool the sauce and enjoy!